Thursday, February 11, 2010

Time for a little joke...

Gotten this joke somewhere else, looks a bit funny and brings out a moral value inside. (This is how I do my teaching English using newspaper? LOL)


MicroPro computer assistance; may I help you?
"Yes, well, I am having trouble with OpenOffice."
What sort of trouble is it?
"Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away."
Went away?
"They disappeared."
Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?
"Nothing."
Nothing?
"It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."
Does your monitor have the power incidator?
"What's a monitor?"
...
It's the thing with the screen on it looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"
"I don't know."
...blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com
...
Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?
"Yes, I think so."
Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it is plugged into the wall.
(Pause)
"Yes, it is."
When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, or just one?
"No."
...blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com
...
Well, there are. I need you to look back there again, and find another cable.
(Pause)
"OK, here it is."
Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer.
"I can't reach."
...blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com
...
...
Uh huh... Well, can you see if it is?
"No."
Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way ower?
"Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle - it is because it is dark."
Dark?
"Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window."
Well, turn on the office light then.
"I cannot."
No? Why not?

And this is the 'cracked' answer... (Click it!) blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com

"Because there's a power failure."

No comments: