Sunday, October 21, 2007

Study week, any sense?

I have stayed in University Malaysia Sabah for a few months, it seems that the life in university is far more different than what I have expected, but there are still some are the same thing as well.

Just at two weeks ago, around 10th of October, the school (get used to it, since I am more familiar to the word 'school' if compared to 'university') has commenced to have a 3 week's study week, which is until 26th of October (In fact it is just only 16 days), for us to prepare on our final exam.

At the same time, Hari Raya and Deepavali is just at the few days later, if I am right, 12th of October. It is normal that the Malays and Indians were going back to his/her hometown (kampong) to celebrate this festive season, but if they are going back, (same for Chinese), will they study?

The study week is just making for a relaxation since almost all of us are going back to our hometown, except for them who are coming abroad, especially Peninsula's student, since the air ticket are quite exorbitant for them to go home just for these 16 days.

After all, even though we are having our finals at 28th of October, but it takes around a month to deal with all of the final exams, why can't they just commence the exams to be set in the same time in most places, while we need to waste our time at our hostel, and just for study, in fact for myself, I can say that even though there is a gap before the next test, especially a week or somehow, I still will not study since for my personality, I am quite passive and I don't want to be forced to study since I will also forget it at the very last moment.

There are some will reject on my opinion that the final test commence at the same time during the festive season, or just after a few days at the festive season, so that we can handle all of our test before November and we can already enjoy our life at our hometown for the rest of the days till the next semester.

For me, it is quite wonderful to deal with the test earlier in order to enjoy life, so... how about you?

No comments: