Sunday, September 16, 2007

Comments on the course- UT9142 (Rangkaian Internet/ Internet and Netorking) in UMS

There is a course that I am taking currently on this semester, which is the assignemt of making this blog (frankly, if I am not taking the course, for sure I will not make a blog since I rarely got time to manage on it though.

This is a minor course for the university, which is from the course code UT series (most of UT series’ course are all about science and technology), and my course is UT 9142, which are called Internet and Networking, under the lecturer in the School of Engineering and Information Technology (SKTM- Sekolah Kejuruteraan dan Teknologi Maklumat), Madam Siti Hasdiah.

From my experience in the class, she is a really kind lecturer the hat will always give us extra effort to do her assignments and also will have gives us the knowledge on the internet (even though I hate to memorize the phrases, hopefully at the final she will not making the questions on that, but more on general knowledge or common sense is better). She gives us a chance to let us know more on internet by making the first assignment that do a research on the information technology, which can be included something just like e-commerce, security and privacy issues, P2P services and so on…

While for the second work, she gives us to make a blog, as I mentioned in the first, even though most of us don’t know or don’t want to do it, but for me, assignment is most important as it is the best way for you to score an A in your course. For me, the reason I don’t like blogging is because I don’t know what I am supposed to write. Of course, no one will expect to have more assignments as there is a burden for us due to the time limit and resources of us are limited, unless there is no final – I mean, use one of the assignments to become the final exam (If this happens, in no doubt most of us will overjoyed).

For the lecture, I found that is the good method for us to enjoying and know more on internet and networking. We knows internet and we knows networking too (for most of the boys or game maniacs, for sure they know what is LAN, since LAN is a part from networking).

Honestly, I am quite enjoyed to take the course and of course, I also got something that I dislike about it. As I taking this course: the reasons are I love internet and networking and wanted to get more knowledge on it, and also this is one of my strengths, so I can make a great advantage on this, even though the course credit hours is 2.

While the thing that I don’t like is the class time: because if the class is on the day before Friday, then I can go home after my lecture at 8-9 am, since my bus going to my home is at afternoon 1pm, and Friday is always the day that hard to get a bus to go back to hostel, since I need to make things up and then take the bus again to the city. This will take a lot of time, and for sure, an hour is not enough.

Anyway, this course – UT9142, Internet and Networking (Rangkaian Internet) in UMS is a great course for us. I will recommend this to my friend as the lecture is easy, assignments can make you to have a great ease on the internet services (except for the poor quality in the wireless internet in the school, especially at my hostel, poor service yet the fee is exorbitant…)

No comments: